About the Role
Dootrix is looking for Mid/Senior Software Engineers to join our established software engineering team and help deliver innovative, forward-thinking systems and solutions for some of the UK's most exciting companies and start-ups.
You will have a broad technical knowledge (with depth in PHP) that allows you to contribute to architecture discussions balancing security, performance and industry standards. You will also have the interpersonal skills to interact with clients, stakeholders, developers, and testers.
You will be willing and able to drive forward the code; but also, at the senior level, to mentor, code review and analyse requirements; understanding that software engineering is a career of lifelong learning.
- Developing on an engaging mix of greenfield and progression projects
- Engaging in our multi-disciplinary environment with all departments in our and our client's businesses
- Collaborating with our agile development team to create, improve and embed best practices
We are looking primarily for a PHP/Laravel and ReactJS/Vue tech stack however as a Microsoft partner we also value Microsoft experience, particularly Azure Cloud. Our teams often operate across large scale solutions in the following technologies - so experience in the following is beneficial:
- DevOps culture, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), CI/CD (we use Azure DevOps) and TDD
- Azure and AWS PaaS components alongside Docker are our default choice for compute, API, data solutions, and security, monitoring and resiliency concerns
- Our backend services use Laravel, NodeJS and .NET Core hosted in PaaS, FaaS and containerised components
- Xamarin/MAUI and Native Development are our preferred choice for mobile projects
- React, Vue, Typescript and Electron have become our go to for web frontend and desktop software
Additionally, You Should Have
- A passion for technology, exploring new and innovative ways of working
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Communication and collaboration skills to engage clients within a transparent agile SCRUM process
Our Engineering values
- We value communication as our most important tool and strive to keep knowledge open and simple.
- We always consider the what if, no matter how improbable because in failing we learn what it takes to succeed.
- Being part of this engineering team will give you the opportunity to have autonomy in your own workflow and develop your knowledge to become an industry expert. You'll be in a career path designed around your strengths and interests, not pigeonholed as a specific role but in an organic career that grows with and around you.
- We appreciate the quality of work which results from dedicated focused teams
Our mission is about helping our clients navigate the digital landscape, empowering them to do the right thing the right way. We are designers, developers, creatives, technologists, strategists but ultimately we are Dooers - we creatively apply best practice thinking to the design and development of applications that drive tangible change for our clients.
We've always got our eye on the digital horizon, looking to leading edge technology and the latest innovation to bring our clients ambitions to life.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner we've had some great success stories with our clients, including launching mobile and web apps for Heathrow Airport and confused.com, delivering a modern cloud strategic integration platform for the University of Nottingham and acting as Architecture Owners for various parts of the Heathrow Airport and Gridserve Azure estate.
You'll be joining our team, established for the last 10 years, working remotely or from one of our hubs in either Manchester or Wickham. It is an engaging environment with lots to get involved with including regular lightning talks, dedicated time to explore new tech and a variety of social groups and events. It all adds up to a vibrant and rewarding place to work with an inclusive and exciting company culture.
What's In It For You?
- A top of the range laptop and Free kindle with unlimited books
- 25 days holiday and Flexible and Remote working
- Personalised training and development including a path to certification
- The chance to attend industry conferences
- Cycle to Work, Stakeholder Pension Contributions
- Annual paid Charity day to support the charity of your choice
- Access to mental health and wider support through our Employee Assistance Programme
Then we'd love to hear from you! Send over your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org